Parasailing is one of the most thrilling water sports on Earth and people come from all over the world for parasailing in the Okanagan. The Destin parasailing adventure is state-of-the-art and puts you and one or two friends at the maximum parasailing height of 400 feet above the Gulf of Mexico with spectacular views of the Emerald Coast and often a variety of marine life such as dolphins and sea turtles. You can relax, confident that you are secure in your seat and experience floating on air. If you have never parasailed before, there are 10 tips and parasailing prices that will help you have a great time.
1. Make sure your parasailing company is US Coast Guard licensed and specifically trained in all aspects of parasailing, flight procedures and boat handling with several years of experience. It should also be a member of the Water Sports Industry Association (WSIA) to ensure all the safety guidelines are followed.
2. Listen carefully to the operator’s explanation of the equipment. You will have a life jacket as a safety precaution even if you don’t plan to get wet. Your seat is a body harness that attaches to the tow bar, which is attached to the chute. The tow line is attached to the tow bar and connected to the boat.
3. Learn how to communicate with the crew once you are in the air. The parasailing height may be 400 feet. There are hand and arm signals for speed, direction and if you would like to end the ride. There may be a microphone, but it’s a good idea to learn a few hand signals anyway.
4. If you are wondering what to wear parasailing, you should wear a bathing suit if you plan to get wet. Otherwise, you don’t have to worry about what to wear parasailing because it doesn’t really matter. However, you may be more comfortable in shorts and a T-shirt.
5. You may wonder how much does it cost to go parasailing. Considering the boat ride, equipment, professionalism of the crew and most of all the safety of this thrilling adventure, the parasailing prices are reasonable. As with anything worthwhile, the cheapest is usually not the best.
6. Make reservations at least two or three days in advance during the high season. If you are going in a large group, four to five days in advance is better.
7. Make your reservations for the early morning. This is by far the best time to go parasailing in Florida because the temperatures are cooler, the winds are light and the Gulf of Mexico is calmer. Early morning is the best time for your Destin parasailing adventure.
8. Watch the weather reports before you make a reservation. If it looks like rain for a few days, consider waiting until the weather clears up. In any case, a safe operator will not go up during thunderstorms or gusty winds.
9. Find out the weight limits before you choose your parasailing partner. The minimum combined weight is 90 pounds and the maximum is 450 pounds.
10. Ask about age limitations for parasailing. You may ask how old do you have to be to parasail. The minimum age is six years old and anyone below 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who signs a liability waiver.
These tips may help you plan your first-time Destin parasailing adventure. Whether you wonder how old do you have to be to parasail, what the maximum parasailing height is or how much does it cost to go parasailing, you can find the answer here. If you have never parasailed before, you won’t believe how fantastic the experience is.